Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT): 16.0 Hour Waiver Training
***If you registered for the 16-hour course prior to October 1, 2018, please log in to APNA and use this link to continue through the course: https://e-learning.apna.org/products/medication-assisted-treatment-mat-16-hour-waiver-training***
This course is jointly provided by PCSS-MAT and APNA. The course consists of 16 individual sessions of the required 24 hours of content for nurses who wish to offer medication assisted treatment for opioid use disorders including buprenorphine. Sessions include webinars and self-paced slide presentations with case studies, post-tests, and evaluation of the content.
Target Audience: APRN
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe foundational practices in medication assisted treatment including buprenorphine in order to decrease opioid use and opioid related deaths in the United States.
- Discuss issues related to the assessment and medication assisted treatment of persons with opioid use disorders.
- Articulate the role, responsibilities and limitations of a provider as described in current regulations related to medication assisted treatment for persons with opioid use disorders.
Continuing Education Credit:
16.0 contact hours (of which 13.0 are in pharmacology).*In order to receive contact hours for the program, participants must: View the program in its entirety, earn a passing score of at least 80% on the post-test for each session, complete evaluations of each session and complete the final evaluation during the allotted 90-day access period. Participants will have 5 opportunities to correctly answer the questions on the post-tests. Following completion of the modules, post-tests and evaluations, the certificate will be generated online, available for immediate printing. Credit will not be earned unless all components of the program are completed. Partial credit will not be earned.
Ready to get started?
- The course is free of charge and can be accessed by clicking the Register button above. You will be prompted to login with your APNA account information*. If you do not have an APNA account, select the button, "new user to the site without an account" and complete the listed information to create a free non-member profile. Complete the check-out process to order the session for $0.
- Complete presentations, post-test, evaluations, and receive the CNE certificate.
- Return to the PCSS-MAT website to receive your certification of completion. DEA waiver instructions are provided upon completion of all 24 hours of training.
- Click here for the "Steps to Obtain Your MAT Waiver" process map.
*Note: Membership in APNA is not required to take this course, however you will need to create an APNA account in order to access the course and earn continuing nursing education credit.
The American Psychiatric Nurses Association is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Accreditation of the continuing education activity does not imply endorsement by APNA or ANCC of any commercial products discussed in the context of this activity.
Support for the Program:
Funding for this initiative was made possible (in part) by Providers' Clinical Support System for Medication Assisted Treatment (grant no. 1U79TI026556) from SAMHSA. The views expressed in written conference materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
- The Nurse Planner and members of the planning committee have no financial relationships to disclose.
- The faculty for this activity have no conflict or commercial interests to report.
- Faculty members are required to complete a conflict of interest statement in order to disclose to participants any real or potential conflict of interest related to the educational activity. Resolution of actual or potential conflict of interest is required prior to faculty participation. A faculty statement of disclosure is included within each presentation.
- This educational activity may contain discussion of off-label usage of drugs that are not indicated by the FDA. The American Psychiatric Nurses Association and the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry do not recommend usage of any agent outside the FDA approved/labeled indications.
Release Date: April 21, 2017
The contact hours for this session expire: May 31, 2019
***If you registered for the 16-hour course prior to October 1, 2018, please use this link to continue through the course: https://e-learning.apna.org/products/medication-assisted-treatment-mat-16-hour-waiver-training***